PXE install support in Debian Edu (was: Proposal for solution to the PXE install support when offline)

Hi,

I'm very happy to read that you have implemented this feature.

I have upgraded a tjener on etch-basis so that it is able to deploy
custom workstations via network, and have used this setup in several
German schools in the last weeks.
My highscore so far have been 30 workstations (laptops) from one server
in about 2 hours (including a windows image being copied and set up for
dualboot).

I was going to propose this installation method (without the windows
part of course) and am pleased to find out that it's already implemented
for the next release.

Since this is an easy way to roll out large installations from one
central place, it would be nice to also have a way to configure the
installed machines centrally (e.g. install additional packages).

Could you tell me whats the status of this?
I think with the current release, cfengine was more ore less prepared,
but I never used it.

Thanks for your great work!

Regards,
--