Re: Do we need to split the i386/amd64 DVD?

[Ronny Aasen]
> It was a test to see if it would solve the space problem for the dvd
> easily. Alas it did not. Since we still have to tune the dvd i'd
> rather do it for 1 multiarch dvd, then 2 separate dvd's
>
> I am going to remove the i386 dvd again, it was never announced either so :)

I checked how much of the DVD our packages occupy, by generating a new
packages.txt in the debian-edu source directory to check what the last
recommended package in our package list is (kde-i18n-zhtw), and then
checked how full the DVD was when that package was added (1613176
blocks = ~3.1 GB) using ~ftp/cd-lenny-test-dvd/make_disc_tree.log, and
thus conclude that the DVD is not full (it has room for 2296100 blocks
= ~4.3 GB).

What space problem did you see?

Happy hacking,