Re: [Debian-olpc-devel] Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:58:40PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>>> Should we start with a Sugar project at alioth, in the Education
>>> section of the project tree?

I believe "we" in above is "those interested in working together with
Edward Cherlin on writing a Debian packaging book.

>> Currently all sugar packages are part of the collab-maint project on
>> alioth, which has the nice advantage that any Debian developer is
>> automatically a member and can commit and non DDs can get access
>> easily too.
>>
>> I'd just suggest to change the structure, currently there is:
>>
>> collab-maint/sugar-pippy
>> collab-maint/sugar-chat
>> and so on
>>
>> to:
>>
>> collab-maint/sugar/sugar-pippy
>> collab-maint/sugar/sugar-chat
>>
>> Jonas, what do you think?

Above describes git repositories, one repository for each Debian
packaging of a single upstream piece of software.

It might be expanded to other things than packages for Debian (e.g.
books), but it is unclear if that is what Holger is talking about and I
am not interested in working on books currently so have no opinion on
that.

>I wonder if we should try to maintain a distinction between sugar
>core, what we call glucose, and sugar activities, fructose. (Not that
>we need to use those names, but having some distinction in the
>directory structure.

Who are "we" in above, Walter?

If you suggest that Debian organize its internal packaging routines to
better match Sugarlabs structuring of their code, then I would recommend
that you join the respective mailinglist (if you are not already
subscribed) and we continue the discussion there.

If you are perhaps talking about book authoring, then I shall not
interfere more with it.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

- --