Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1753-1] End-of-life announcement for Iceweasel in oldstable

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:24:27 pm Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 25. März 2009, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > Is recommending konqueror or other supported drivers an option or would
> > it break important existing functionality?
>
> Some schools demand iceweasel to be the default or at least available
> browser...
Hmm, one opportunity would be to continue iceweasel support for debian-edu.
This would work, if either Alexander or Mike would be willing to help. I
could contact Alexander and as long as ubuntu still supports it, I am sure
he'll continue to work on it. Having said that, I would very much appreciate,
if we could explore other possibilities. :)

Cheers
Steffen