RE: LTSP issues in Debian-Edu.

Vagrant Cascadian: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:52 PM

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 02:07:32PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Requirements
> > currently says 8gb is enough for most profiles, so we need
> to update
> > that and IMO we should also give different numbers
> depending on the profile.
>
> > Do you have specific suggestions?
>
> with main+ltsp server, i had troubles with a 14G disk a
> couple months back.
> been testing with a 16G disk lately and that seems to work.
>
> will try with a smaller disk again to really get a guage what
> the current requirements really are.
>
> probably (someone who understood how to read them) could also
> look at the recipies and add up the minimums for each profile
> to get a better guage.
	I think these need a little farther adjustments.
I don't want to do it directly as it's somewhat intrusive at this stage ;)
But I'd post a suggestion and see if there are any objections | corrections.

> > > 3) When 'ltsp-client-builder' fails for any reason it has
> no second chance.
> > > 	Any attempt of the installer to rerun the builder will
> fail without
> > > user intervention, because /opt/ltsp/i386 already exists,
> if debconf
> > > priority is high the installer will be looping.
> >
> > It would be nice to get this fixed (to succeed to install, but also
> > not to loop endless in case of failure.) Can you please
> open a bug about the latter?
>
> yeah, that's kind of ugly. though doesn't debian-installer
> usually lower the debconf priority whenever a step fails?
	Certainly does, usually.
For some reason it did loop for me but I didn't keep the log to show it.
I'd look into it, maybe it will be easier to write a rm line than a bug
report.

> > > 5) ltsp-build-client fail on debian-edu-artwork(-usplash)
authentication.

> > I think this is fixed on newer images.
>
> it was fixed on 20090316-:20:49 for me... at least installing
> from the CD... haven't tried manually, though you might want
> to add "--apt-keys /etc/apt/trusted.gpg"
	This wasen't during install but later.
Installed version of ltsp-server is 5.1.10-2
--apt-keys /etc/apt/trusted.gpg did work.

Still it should be documented (where?) that this is no longer compatible
with debian-edu and get debian-edu-ltsp working.

Odd.