Re: lwat fix for debian-edu etch

Patrick Winnertz skrev:
> Hey Holger,
>> <h01ger> So what is the best approach: a.) adding AllowPwdSet=true to the
>> conf if its not set b:) not touching config file, but changing the default
>> behaviour. i'd think a.) and discuss with upstream to change the default
>> behavour, as users appearantly expect it. this also bites us for lenny,
>> though i assume we could get a s-p-u upload allowance for this change (to
>> bring debian and debian-edu's lwat in sync in lenny)
>>
>> * h01ger is willing to provide .dsc(s) and upload, but would prefer
>> finnarne or winnie did.
> Well.. I write exams until 6.3 so I'll do nothing runtil next weekend.. I can
> certainly upload a fix to s-p-u afterwards, but etch (skolelinux) need a fix
> more faster than that. Finnarne, would you mind to upload a fixed package?

Upstream wont change the default behaviour. Admins, especially teachers
tend to generate bad passowrds. The correct solution will be to present
a question if admins should be able to set a password. /me thinks that
question is already there, but maybe the priority should be changed.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/