backscatter on the debian-edu list, again

Hi,

I've discussed today on IRC with the debian listmasters (actually one) about
the recent increase in volume of backscatter on the debian-edu list.

They seem not really to be willing to give us moderation as requested in
#514039 so I'll have to waste my time reporting backscatter, which is what
they want. (I dont get why they dont listen to their users but instead ask
them to suffer backscatter and do extra work, which causes work to them too.
But anyway.)

Here are some pointers to recent backscatter, please adjust the filters
accordingly:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00152.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00155.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00166.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00169.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00170.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00172.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00173.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00184.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00186.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00198.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00199.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00200.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00201.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00202.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/02/msg00204.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/03/msg00006.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/03/msg00007.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/03/msg00008.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/03/msg00011.html (not really spam, but
equally useless.)

(Thats for the last 5 days.)

In future I will try to bounce backscatter and spam to report-listspam@ -
hopefully this works with kmail. (It does with mutt, but doesnt with Claws.)

Do you also requiere three backscatter reports like you do for spam submitted
over the webinterface?

regards,
	Holger, 20min wasted with this again today. if 514039 would be fixed,
                I could spent this time more useful.

And still, many thanks for maintaining lists.d.o! Seriously. I appreciate you
fighting windmills (=a battle which cannot be won, IMO), I do think it keeps
the nice status quo, that anyone can send without moderation, relevant for
some time longer and this is good. But only for lists which can cope with
that. Debian Edu doesnt seem to be one of those, so it would be nice if you
support our needs too.

FYI: the last debian-edu irc meeting agreed that you did a good job on the
last wave on backscatter and that we were fine without moderatiom for that
moment (so we decided to leave 514039 as it is for now - but we also didnt
close it). Now its on the agenda for the next irc meeting again. More wasted
time which could be better spent with development issues.