Re: iPreparing developer gathering in Trondheim

Hi Andreas,

On Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
>    - Is there anybody who volunteers to sit down next to me
>      to check the list of packages.  MOst probably there are
>      some "totten bits" inside the tasks files I would like to
>      remove.

Yeah, can do :)

>    - Other packages might be not in unstable but in stable or
>      testing - so I would like to hear your opinion whether we
>      should parse all Packages.gz files (perhaps including
>      experimental) and mark the entries accordingly.

How would you mark them? I think the package in unstable should be targeted at
testing at all times :)

(So for example we should recommend apache1 there, as apache1 has been removed
from lenny.)

>    - Last but not least I would like to verify that debian-edu
>      builds with the new blends-dev package which is targetted
>      at experimental (sitting in new since more than two weeks
>      and hopefully available when the gathering starts).

I think you can do that whether or not it's still in NEW :) Or do I miss
something?

regards,
	Holger