Re: Viable Alternative

Am Montag 08 September 2008 schrieb Dan:
> What I'm wondering, given that the children need bascially an
> alphabet program, some basic math, learning their colours and such,
> would debian-edu be a viable alternative to windows?

Dear Dan,

thank you for your mail. You are certainly hitting a good point - and
actually parents are most concerned by additional costs when
proprietary software is used at school.

Hence I cheer the first ever (?) appearance of a member of parental
persons on this list.

Introducing myself: Teaching Maths, Geography, and Computing Sciences, I
have been using Debian-Edu at our school since 2005. There is several
hundred schools all over the world using Debian-Edu aka Skolelinux.

I am sure that
- there is plenty people around that might assist you in your
  argument towards your school's administration
- there is a demand for a paper on the needs of free software
  out from the perspective of parants.

So, please keep going!
Regards
Ralf