Re: Storing OpenLDAP configuration in LDAP...

Petter Reinholdtsen skrev:
> One of the long term issues with Debian Edu has been the need to
> modify the configuration files of openldap/slapd, to get our
> configuration.  In a discussion on debian-devel@, I came across a
> reference to a new feature in OpenLDAP 2.4, the cn=config feature.
>
> If I am not mistaken, it allow us to store the configuration in the
> LDAP database, thus avoiding having to edit the slapd.conf file
> directly.
>
> Anyone know how this work?  I found
> <URL:http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch6/slapd-config.html> with some
> information about it, but have not had time to look into it yet.

I've looked into it, and also teste it, and it works. The reason I've
not started using it, is that I need to have slurp working, and last
time I checked, It wont work with slurp.

There are other ways to do the replication, But first test failed, and
I've not had the time since.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/