Re: How to grant squid/web proxy access? (Was: Merge LWAT and DHCP machine objects in LDAP?)

Petter Reinholdtsen skrev:
> [Finn-Arne Johansen]
>> Reading from the list, I guess most people woul like to allow all
>> hosts, unless the specific host(s) is denied access. So I guess the
>> easiest approach will be to allow all, unless the host(s) is listed
>> in a specifiec netgroup (like DeniedInet or something)
>
> Sound like a good idea.  Do you mean all hosts, or all hosts on the
> local subnets?

I mean all hosts that can reach the squid proxy. The server would in all
normal situation be behind a firewall, and therefor all hosts that can
reach the proxy would be on the local subnet. Maybe there should be an
example in the helper script to add a subnet. As this would only be an
example, commented out by default, it would not  be a problem to
hardcode the IP-address.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/