Re: How to grant squid/web proxy access? (Was: Merge LWAT and DHCP machine objects in LDAP?)

[Finn-Arne Johansen]
> Reading from the list, I guess most people woul like to allow all
> hosts, unless the specific host(s) is denied access. So I guess the
> easiest approach will be to allow all, unless the host(s) is listed
> in a specifiec netgroup (like DeniedInet or something)

Sound like a good idea.  Do you mean all hosts, or all hosts on the
local subnets?  If we just grant to all except those in a given
netgroup, the setup will avoid having IP subnet setup in LDAP and we
can limit the squid plugin to only deny named netgroups.  It should be
trivial to configure.

Happy hacking,