Re: automount share not works

Works great! :-)
Thank you for your most valuable piece of help
claudio

2008/7/10 Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no>:
Claudio Carboncini skrev:

> 2008/7/8 Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no <mailto:faj@bzz.no>>:
>
>     Did you remember to restart nfs as well, either by using
>      sudo invoke-rc.d nfs-kernel-server reload
>
>     or by using exportfs directly
>      sudo exportfs -r
>
> Done!
>

>     It wont appear before you try to go there. It's like walking through a
>     wall without a door. It works, but until anyone has gone there, you wont
>     see the door. AS long as a user on the machine you are working on has
>     used the share the last minute or so, you will see the share.
>
> Excuse for my candor &or my ignoranance
> how does a linux user go to a directory if this is not seen?

On the command-line:
 cd /skole/tjener/public
in a gui:
 go to /skole/tjener using the gui, then manually add /public at the end
to the path.

or create a symbolic link on the desktop:
 ln -s /skole/tjener/public ~/Desktop/public

Dont shoot me, I'm just the messenger....

--
Finn-Arne Johansen