Re: Changing clients to automatically find their proxy?

[Florian Reitmeir]
> i do it know for some years, the whole thing is based on the internet
> explorer feature to find proxies.
>
> and there is some goog documentation from microsoft for it:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc713344.aspx
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934864
>
> there are two ways..
>    - via DHCP (some IE have a bug, so they cut of the last char of the
>      option 252)
>    - via DNS
>
> and IMHO firefox is only using the DNS method

Right.  If I get it, the DHCP part is already done.  The DNS part is
done by adding a wpad DNS alias pointing to the server with the
wpad.dat file, making sure the URL http://wpad/wpad.dat is working.
Is this correct?

If that is enough for the DNS method, all we need to do is add a CNAME
from wpad to tjener.  The wpad.dat file is already in place.

Are there command line tools to process wpad javascript files?

Happy hacking,