Re: running testsuite takes long

[Holger Levsen]
> Ok, I've just added code to debian-edu-test-install to write
> timestamps to the logfile, so we can find out, which test takes so
> long and then hopefully fix that.

Ah, great.

> Ah, ok. For now, I would propose that the Sugar profile doesnt
> install readahead as the typical machines where the Sugar profile is
> most useful (small laptops like the OLPC XO or the EEEPC) have flash
> drives and readahead is basically useless (or maybe harmful (in the
> sense of being slower not faster)) on flash disks, as they virtually
> have no seek times anyway.

OK.  I thought the sugar profile should be an alternative to the
normal desktop, and thus be suited for normal PCs.  Because of this, I
added education-common to the sugar task.  It would make sure
readahead and a few other tools were installed by default.

> I added a check to debian-edu-install.firstboot to test if readahead
> is installed, so that /etc/readahead/profile-once is only touched if
> it is.

Sound like a good idea.

>> To detect bugs in the installation system.  It should be disabled
>> in the production version, but for test installation it is very
>> useful to detect bugs in our configurations.
>
> How do we make sure this will happen? :)

I do not know.  This is why it is still done in the Etch based
release. :)

Happy hacking,