Re: running testsuite takes long

[Holger Levsen]
> I just did an install of lenny-test with the sugar profile. After
> booting the testsuite ran for approx. 3min or so. It also ran after
> another reboot.
>
> Does that happen with other profiles too?
>
> Why does it take so long?

The test suite is quite slow, yes.  Not sure why, but it happen for
all profiles.

> Why is it run twice?

This is a suger profile issue, because the suger profile do not
install readahead, and there is a bug in the script as it crashes and
do not clean up if /etc/readahead/ exist when the test script is execited.

> Why is it run?

To detect bugs in the installation system.  It should be disabled in
the production version, but for test installation it is very useful to
detect bugs in our configurations.

Happy hacking,