Re: local hard disk on thin clients (was Re: custom install)

El dom, 15-06-2008 a las 20:56 -0700, Vagrant Cascadian escribió:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:56:11AM +0200, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> > El jue, 29-05-2008 a las 12:38 +0900, nigel barker escribió:
> > > 3. (How) can a workstation user access the local harddrive, eg. for
> > > storing photos and videos that I don't want on tjener?
> >
> > Good question ;-) I also would like to know the answer. Maybe Vagrant
> > can put some light on us...
>
> with the version of ltspfsd in lenny, you'll need to tweak
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/udev/rules.d/*ltspfs*
>
> remove ATTRS{removable}=="1", from the following line:
>
> ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ATTRS{removable}=="1", RUN+="ltspfs_entry add %k"
>
> then all hard disk partitions should show up. note that anyone logged in
> from your thin client will have full read-write access to the
> partitions, so don't plug in a laptop with sensitive information or some
> such.

BTW: With lenny version, when someone plugs an usb stick in the ltsp
server, every client sees it and is able to access to the usb stick
files. That's something teachers don't like at all (as in Extremadura
teachers use the ltsp server as their workstation pc). Is there anyway
to avoid this behaviour and restrict the reading permissions of the
plugged usb stick? (for DVDs it's fine to have reading rights from the
ltsp clients)