Re: Disable ~/.xsession-errors by default?

[Michelle Konzack]
>> Some apps are already reported.  Someone (you?) should test them
>> and get the author to reduce the amount of messages printed from
>> them.
>
> Yeah I do it already with all installed programs I have...

Very good.  I hope more people will do this.

> And if a "real" error happen, and this pig occurs ony sporadic?  (I
> had such case several times)

Well, GUI programs should report errors using GUI features, as most
users start them from the menu and none of the messages to stdout and
stderr will be visible to those users.

Personally, I believe GUI programs reporting issues on stdout or
stderr are buggy and should be fixed to report problems to the user of
the GUI or shut up.

Happy hacking,