Re: Disable ~/.xsession-errors by default?

[Herman Robak]
> How is that negotiated between clients that run concurrently?  (I
> digress, I know, but this made me curious :-)

All of them inherit the same file descriptor.  See /etc/X11/Xsession.

>  .xsession-errors should not be a regular file, it seems.
> How does one make a ring buffer that looks like a file?

Not possible with a unix kernel without help from the user
applications, as far as I know.

I believe the "truncate at logon time" is a fairly good way to handle
this.  Hopefully not many programs exist to fill up the partition
during one session.

Happy hacking,