Re: Disable ~/.xsession-errors by default?

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:18:35 +0200, Knut Yrvin <knuty@skolelinux.no> wrote:

> On Saturday 31. May 2008, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> Until all such programs are fixed, the messages need to be thrown
>> away to avoid the problem.
>
> I think the verbose Gimp messages (made when making gif-animations
> AFAIK) flooding .xsession-errors is one of the major reasons why
> Skolelinux serves stop user login.

Could ulimit and UL_SETFSIZE be used as a workaround?

Since .xsession-errors is written to by the X server
(I guess), this might make the X server unhappy, or even
crash, once the set limit is reached.  And that would
repeat itself pretty quick unless something else wipes
.xsession-errors out.  A size test on .xsession-errors
during login, perhaps?

--
Herman Robak