Re: [Pkg-ltsp-devel] Stress test in ltsp

El mié, 16-04-2008 a las 19:43 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen escribió:
> [José L. Redrejo Rodríguez]
> > In the medium term, I'll have to start 30 clients per server, but we
> > have to take a decission about the kind of ltsp server we're going
> > to use a.s.a.p, so any advice is welcome.
>
> Check if you are using NFS over TCP.  With ports using different
> speed, a lot of packaget loss will happen during load if using NFS
> over UDP.  I believe it is the default in Debian Edu now, but check
> anyway.

I'm at home now, I'll check it tomorrow. I haven't checked it before, if
lenny is using udp as default for nfs, that's a good reason to loose
packages.

O.T.O.H: any possible reason to get that bad behaviour in the Xeon
machine when starting concurrently several OpenOffice instances? and,
specially, which machine would you choose, the Quad Core or the Xeon?
(the Xeon is very similar to the Quad, even in price, it's not a high
level server, but it's four cores, so it shouldn't be a bad machine)