Re: OO java problem

Am Dienstag 01 April 2008 schrieb nigel barker:
> I don't want to make OOo/linux look crappy and broken with my class.
> I tried kexi, but it crashes about every 10 mins.

Hi Nigel,

good luck to you. I suppose you scratched off any openoffice-packages
(possible using the --purge option). Try with

	# dpkg -l "openo*" |grep ^ii

I don't know what version of Java is needed for OOo 2.4 - maybe you can
check your java versions with

	# update-alternatives --list java

and set a recent (and consisten version) with

	# update-alternatives --all

I remember that every user need to go into java settings of Ooo once
before being able to use forms in OObase. Go to menu "extra::settings
Java" and wait 10 seconds until all available versions are found.

Then select one (most recent probably). Afterwards re-start OOo and
pray to the god of your belief that it will work after restart (for that
user only, i.e.).

If this works, drink a saki on the wealth of Java and any other
Indonesian isle.

Regards
Ralf