kde kiosk

On two different installations of af a combi server 3.01 the kde kiosk admin tool seems to be limited. I can change the desktop icons but not the panel. The preview is ok but after restarting x only the icons on the desktop have changed. Also settings like limiting a user to start only one session at a time doesn't work. This goes for both users and admins. Limitations of kde kiosk is not described in doc. I don't have space to test this in sid!