Re: stable update proposal: flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound

Petter Reinholdtsen skrev:
> Ref item 9 on <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070813>,
> here is a update proposal for the stable release.
>
> I propose to add flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound to the releas.
> Currently versoin 0.0.svn2431-2.0.edu.etch.2 is available.  The same
> package is also uploaded to Debian by me, and waiting in NEW there.
>
> This package, together with the flashplugin-nonfree package, make it
> possible to get sound working with the non-free flash browser plugin
> from Adobe.  It enables ESD sound on flash when installed, and should
> be installed together with the flashplugin-nonfree package when
> enabling flash support.  There has been questions about the stability
> of this plugin when used with firefox.  I hope the issues have been
> resolved since those problems was reported.

Has this plugin been tested on a large scale basis ?
I suggest not to include this in the stable repository until it's been
tested in a large scale, to prevent sites depending on a working
solution from beeing set back by installing this.

I also suggest that one _don't_ announce that this fixes sound on thin
clients like one did with debian-edu 3.0, before it's actually tested to
see if it work.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/