Re: Draft live CD (actually DVD) for Debian Edu available

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 03.08.2007, 08:35 +0200 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> I understood that, and it might be interesting to try to make such
> live CD.  Exactly what kind of live CD we want is still out in the
> blue.  I welcome comments and suggestions.
I think a DVD for showing the Debian Edu Desktop and for promoting is OK
To shrink this on a CD, I think it is not possible because we lost to
mutch and have a lot of work.

CDs who focus on special application would be fine like a CD with
programms for Kindergarten ... examination... Also to show or run new
software or updates of software like openoffice 3.0. Also a live CD you
can the students for home work.....

Also I think it is helpful that user can authorise themself on a
schoolcomputer (MAC-ID) against LDAP to connect to there home directory.
But a standalone mode is a must.

Also running live CDs with network boot is possible. LowFatClient also
fast ones with much RAM.(Option:toram) :-)

But a good live CDs is much extra work I think.

--
bye Andreas