Re: using ldap as backend for dns and dhcp

¡Hola!,

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 09:50:24PM +0100, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> Not, what I said is that I had already being using dnsmasq to server
> images throuth pxe. I haven't tested the link to ldap. dnsmasq is
> theorically able to do it, and it's well docummented in the dnsmasq
> config file
> (http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq.conf.example )

they describe how to configure LDAP srv records, but that is not
generating DNS records out of data stored in an ldap tree.

Srv records are a (new) construct to use DNS to delegate the different
services (such as http, ldap, xmpp) of a domain (or any other DNS name)
to different systems. With this you can have smtp, xmpp and ldap for a
domain like example.org running on different systems.

Greping the source does too not indicate, that they are implementing
LDAP client things.

Greetings

Daniel