Re: First Debian Edu lenny test CD ready for testing

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
>  - The package installation fail because usplash need
>    debian-edu-artwork-usplash (or usplash-theme-debian) installed
>    before it, while debian-edu-artwork-usplash depend on usplash and
>    is thus installed after usplash.  This will be better when the new
>    usplash enter lenny from sid in 5 days.  No useful workaround yet
>    for this one.

I believe I found a workaround for this one while we wait:

  When the installer complain that the package installation failed, go
  to tty2 (Alt-F2), and run

    chroot /target aptitude install usplash-theme-debian < /dev/null

With this workaround, the installation succeeded.  Our usplash image
is not shown when the system boots, only the debian default one from
usplash-theme-debian.  I guess this is because our usplash theme do
not work with the newer usplash package in lenny, or the alternative
update went wrong.

During installation, this message show up:

  /etc/init.d/console-screen.sh: 251: setup: not found

I guess some dependency is wrong somewhere.

The self test done after the installation show quite a lot of errors.
I have not started looking at those yet.

Happy hacking,