Re: authentication failure

Hej Niklas, hur mar du?

Welcome, Sweden, you might be the very one who puts the first Swedish
red dot onto our map of Skolelinux schools ;)

Am Montag 10 Dezember 2007 schrieb Niklas Gunnäs:
> I can loggin from the thin client as root on the ltsp but not as a
> regulare user added on tjener/lwat.

Another approach for debugging (userspace approach):
Try to login to your LTSP using a console/XTerm.
In case ALT+F2 doesn't lead you to such, login as root first and, then
open Konsole in KDE. Type "su testuser" here.

In case this login works,  check out if you have a home directory
(usually mounted to be found at /skole/tjener/home0) and if you have
write access there. Check "mount" to get a listing of mounted NFS
exports. Former versions were missing the mount point /skole/tjener
under some conditions (which should be fixed now), possibly your adding
of the LTSP to netgroups failed.
Possibly the hostname of your LTSP has changed since having registered
to netgroups (due to DHCP or due to swaping NICs).
You will see the hostname at the prompt of your console/Xterm.

Hopefully, this helps
Regards
Ralf.