Re: debian-edu + edubuntu?

[Niklas Gunnäs]
> Thanks for your help guys and girls
>
> To copy the following files from a debian-edu ltsp to a edubuntu ltsp
> didn't do the trick :-(
>
> /etc/pam.d

This is for PAM.  Probably not a good idea to copy everything here.
Better to modify the common-* files to add the ldap lines.

> /etc/nsswitch.conf
> /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
> /etc/ldap
> /etc/pam_ldap.conf

These are to get NSS and PAM to use LDAP.  Might not be a good idea to
copy /etc/ldap/, and instead do more selected copying.

> /etc/default/autofs
> /etc/init.d/autofs
> /etc/auto.master

This is for automatic mounting of home directories.  Should not need
to copy /etc/init.d/autofs.  The others I suspect are good to copy.

> /etc/nscd.conf

No idea why this was included.  Do we modify it in Debian Edu?

> It makes the edubuntu ltsp boot hang at kernel log

I am not sure I understand when it hangs based on your description.
The only thing that could get the system to hang would be the NSS
setup.  Perhaps the network isn't up when NSS LDAP is activated.  It
might help to switch to 'soft' binding, to make sure NSS LDAP will
time out if the LDAP server is unreachable?

> Does anyone else have a another suggestion

Hope some of my comments help.

Happy hacking,