Re: ITALC on TERRA

2007/11/22, RalfGesellensetter <Ralf.Gesellensetter@web.de>:
> Sounds okay to me - you put the keys to /etc/...?
> Was there a green dot on the client desktop?

Well, I don't know why but yesterday it worked !
The client (mepis) mas just on with ica opened (green icon in the tray bar).
It has the pubblic key folder copied in /etc/italc/keys/.
On the server (debian-edu):
-killall ica
-ica &
I re-verify if the door 5900 was opened on localhost and on the client
10.0.2.30 (*see the end of the mail).
I opened italc and it shown the miniature of the client!!!!
I was amazed: I didn't change anything!

BUT: on the client (mepis) was continuisly shown the message
"sameone (IP:127.0.0.1) is trying to connect to this computer but is
not able to autenticate".
I was able to connect to the client by italc and control it but it was
too much slow, pratically unusable.
I noticed also that on the client (mepis) the Xorg procces was taking
18% of the cpu: more than all the other processes.

I will try to delete the current key from both computers and the recreate them.
If anyone have a better idea or suggestion is well came.

*TEST ON THE DOOR

TELNET:
tjener:~# telnet localhost 5900
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
RFB 003.007
Connection closed by foreign host.

tjener:~# telnet 10.0.2.30 5900
Trying 10.0.2.30...
Connected to 10.0.2.30.
Escape character is '^]'.
RFB 003.007
Connection closed by foreign host.

I had to stop telnet using CTRL+C because it was stoped after the write RFB...

NMAP:
tjener:~# nmap -p5900 localhost
Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2007-11-22 20:22 CET
Interesting ports on localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1):
PORT     STATE SERVICE
5900/tcp open  vnc

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.307 seconds
tjener:~# nmap -p5900 10.0.2.30
Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2007-11-22 20:29 CET
Interesting ports on printer00.intern (10.0.2.30):
PORT     STATE SERVICE
5900/tcp open  vnc
MAC Address: 00:08:02:05:9F:E5 (Compaq Computer)

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.279 seconds