Re: cdd-dev (Re: summary from the irc meeting 2007-09-10)

Hi,

(just for the list, we have discussed this on IRC already..)

On Saturday 22 September 2007 23:29, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I guess this cdbs-ish appearance is caused by just using the
> same idea to include a Makefile that works for a common set
> of Debian packages (which are in this case CDD meta packages).

Yes :)

> > on a second look I see a normal rules file
> > using debhelper...
> Yes.  It is basically the former debian/rules file from debian-edu
> that it is included.  Just try a
>>      diff /usr/share/cdd-dev/rules debian-edu-???/debian/rules

Right :)

> > So you would first need to upload cdd-dev to our etch and we would need
> > to approve it.
> I don't mind if you add yourself as Uploader and upload to SkoleLinux
> mirror (or even Debian mirror if you think something should be changed).
> I'm in very big favour of group maintainance.

Me too :)

> > I guess I definitly prefer to keep a branch. Probably for etch, so that
> > the development in trunk can go on with more ease.
> Fine with me.

Andreas and me have now agreed on irc, that he will switch the debian-edu
package to use cdd-dev, he will work in a branch on it, and when he is done,
he'll present the work and then we can copy it to trunk.

Probably it's a good idea to create a debian-edu etch branch (after r1 or)
once this happens and use the new debian-edu packaging for lenny/sid, but
keep etch the way it is.

The branch will be available at
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-edu/people/tille/debian-edu

> >(And as said, I acknowledge
> > that I might be completly wrong here. Please prove me wrong.)
> Hope I did so.

You did. Thanks! :-)

regards,
	Holger