Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions

Valerio Pachera skrev:
> Hi all, here I am, after reinstalled debian-edu to be sure everything
> was working on the best way.
>
> I'm still trying to use debian-edu like diskless workstation server.
>
> Again, after flollowed the wiki I arrive to have the client that boot
> but is not possible to login
>
> The only step I'm not capable to do is that one:
>
> "keep in mind your diskless workstations need to be added to your ldap
> netgroups, just like any other workstation. Otherways it wont be able
> to mount your HOME dir, and you won't be able to login"
>
> On lwat I add the mac address, the host name "static01" (accordinf to
> dhcp configuration), the IP and domain are completed automatically,
> then I press add and obtain the following message:

The Hostname/mac-address/ip-name and domain is there for future
extension. With this information in ldap it's possible to scripts that
generate the correct dhcpd.conf and bind config stuff, or it's maybe
possible to use dhcp and dns-server that looks up this stuff in ldap
directly. But unfortunatly that did not reach debian-edu for the 3.0
release.

> Warning:ldap_add)([function.ldap]: Add: Strong(er) authentication
> required in /usr/share/lwat/web/admin.php on line 378
> No matching objects

Then I guess you logged into lwat, did some stuff, then left lwat alone
for some time, and then continued. The login information was expired. I
hope to fix that for lwat 0.17, which i hope someday will make it into
debian-edu.

> I'm almost sure that if this step get completed, the server is going
> to work as i should.

You also need to add the host to a netgroup. When a host is added to
ldap through lwat, it's also possible to adwd the host to a netgroup
(primarily for NFS for now), or to create a samba account for it to
allow it to be joined into a samba-domain.

> Please, can you fix that problem or tell my how to do resolve?
> It's very important.

You need to relogin. lwat 0.17 will require you to logged in as a user
(either ldap admin, a member of the admin group, or a normal user) to
use lwat.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/