Re: Stable update proposal: discover-data

[Steffen Joeris]
> While reading the changelog, I see some entries stating that there
> is a bump in versions. For instance, for the kernel version. It
> says:
> "* Increase kernel version for *-26.lst from 2.6.17 to 2.6.21"
>
> For debian-edu we are using the linux-image-2.6.18-4-486/686 packages.
> I assume that discover-data works for every hardware below the bumped
> versions. Is that information correct?

Actually, it is easier than that.  The change is at the moment just
editorial, as there is no entry in the discover-data database with
different kernel modules between 2.6.17 and 2.6.21, so the change did
not change the content of the *-26.lst files at all.

Happy hacking,