Re: Stable update proposal: discover-data

Hi

 > Ref item 9 on <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070813>,
 > here is a update proposal for the stable release.
 >
 > I propose to update the version of discover in the stable repository
 > from 2.2007.02.02 to 2.2007.08.07-0.1.edu.etch.1.  The changes include
 > handling of more hardware, dropping the unused udeb, correcting the
 > kernel version used to extract the discover1 data files, correcting
 > the bus class info used to generate the discover1 data files etc.
While reading the changelog, I see some entries stating that there is a bump
in versions. For instance, for the kernel version. It says:
"* Increase kernel version for *-26.lst from 2.6.17 to 2.6.21"

For debian-edu we are using the linux-image-2.6.18-4-486/686 packages.
I assume that discover-data works for every hardware below the bumped
versions. Is that information correct? It just states that it updates data to
reflect stuff from unstable, however this package is meant for stable.
If everything works fine for stable (etch) with that and I am just too
worried, please just state so.

Cheers
Steffen