Adaptec raid problems - still

Some reports that installing on machines with Adaptec raid 2100S is troublesome, others that it works fine, but without any explanation on how they got it working, if they did anything special at all. On three different Fujitsu-Siemens servers, all with 2100S, I get different messages with dmesg and lspci, and I have troubles installing on two of them (I haven't tested the last one yet). I have the same problems on Adaptec 2010S, witch did work with Skolelinux2.0 on this particular server, but not on another one that I did test.

Seems there is some fix available using another installer:
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/20070905-09:01/netboot/mini.iso

as you can see from this archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg388454.html

Is there a way to "convert" a regular Etch installation to a DebianEdu ltspserver, after using this installer? Is there a chance the possible fix in this installer will make its way into DebianEdu 3.0 r1 ?

Regards

Bjarne Nielsen