Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions

2007/9/3, nigel barker <tech@hiroshima-is.ac.jp>:
> My ltspworkstations aren't working yet this time around, but with Sarge,
> you couldn't log in until you had added the workstation as a machine.
> You would do that in lwat and /etc/dhcp.conf.
> nigel

The problems are:
1-I would like to know samething more about the groups but the
documentation is not yet ready
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/GettingStarted

2-I tried to add my machine with LWAT but it doesn't add it (like I
reported in the previus mail) and gives the error:

Warning:ldap_add)([function.ldap]: Add: Strong(er) authentication
required in /usr/share/lwat/web/admin.php on line 378
No matching objects

I haven't reported it like a bug because I'm not sure of doing the
right thing...but it seems to be.

3-I edited the dhc.conf like wrote in the wiki
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/LtspDisklessWorkstation?highlight=%28DebianEdu%2FHowTo%2F%29#head-26f12e766954393f43559e19868f5b947e50e185
Without it, the diskless w.s. was not even able to boot. Now is
working fine till kdm.
Now, for be able to login, do I need samething more on the dhcp.conf?
In ather words I don't know/understund what mean "to add the
workstation as a machine".

Thnskyou for the asnwers.