Re: /skole/ (was Re: Login possible only with root)

Moin,

On Monday 03 September 2007 10:36, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> It would solve the techincal issues, but increase the upgrade costs,
> as the directory location would need to be changed in the LDAP
> database.

Yes.

> What would be the advantages of changing the /skole/tjener/home0/
> path?

Less bleeding eyes. A cleaner root directory. The teaching value of having a
proper and clean unix filesystem layout. Using /srv for what it has been
designed for. (And not using a loophole to escape from the design.)

Of course, part of the beauty of unix is also that it gives you enough
munition to shoot yourself in the eye through the feet. But I don't think we
should propose/ship such strange configurations.

regards,
	Holger