Re: Roadmap for the 3.0r1 release

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 18.08.2007, 19:45 +0200 schrieb Daniel Hess:
> I've just updated http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/roadmap for the 3.0r1
> release. Basically I merged the points Petter made in a E-Mail to
> this list.
>
> Please have a look at that page and make your modifications, so that we
> could see what is wanted for the 3.0r1 release.
I have the suggestion to have a look at: http://www.univention.de/

This german Distribution is mostly GPL:
http://www.univention.de/freie_software.html (Peter H. Ganten)

Many Features on our roadmap are ready to run there:
- Include a windows installer on the CDs and DVD over Network from Main
Server.
- Also a installer for Linux Workstations over net.
- A simple but good repository workframe for linux software.
- A Web based and a command line config tool.
- Full ldap based user,dhcp,dns .... with kerberos
- many more interesting features.

A personal Version for testing at home is here:
http://www.univention.de/personal_edition.html

Maybe we can save some time if we had a look at this "Out of the box
working distribution".

I have made some successfully tests. Don't hesitate to ask me for
details of the testings. Example: Windows Installer does not work in
QEMU but works good with real PXE Network cards.

--
bye Andreas