Re: GeoSoftware on LTSP: Marble and GoogleEarth

Am Mittwoch 08 August 2007 11:31 schrieb Patrick Winnertz:
> I know the marble upstream author very well (works in my company).
> marble is written with qt4 and won't compile on sarge since sarge
> uses qt3.

As for Torsten, I know him, too. But even running KDE 3 it is possible
to use a qt4 build system AFAIK.

> > As for non-free software, GoogleEarth installs well on my LTSP and
> > runs fine from within a remote NX session. However, I cannot start
> > it from any thin client. Some GLX/OpenGL settings seem to be messed
> > up. Any clue here? Tried several options, but never succeeded.
>
> You'll need OpenGL to run GoogleEarth and as long as I know our
> thinclients are not supposed to have a 3d grafik. (You'll need kernel
> modules, etc.).

Does this mean that NX implies a OpenGL system? How about using NX for
the ThinClients then? Otherwise, http://flashearth.com/ could be an
alternative.

Regards
Ralf