report about installations with the powerpc-cd from the 22nd of April

Hi,

I did some test installs with the CD for powerpc yesterday on a 250 Mhz iMac
with 192mb RAM (and with the CD built on the 22nd of april.)

I did three installations, always selecting the workstation and standalone
profiles together.

The difference was the type of partitioning setup I choose. If I choose "all
files in one partition", the installed system booted after the installation.
If I choose a LVM setup, either the workstation profile or the "all files in
one partition", the bootloader couldnt boot the kernel. Strangely in all
three cases d-i claims at the end of the installation, that it couldnt
install the bootloader. (But it was always there, it just didnt work in two
cases :/

LVM works in Debian etch. (I havent confirmed etch final yet, but rc1 worked
for sure.) So this is an debian-edu issue.

Select mirror always failed, but AIUI Pere already fixed this in r32740. I'm
not sure if this is the reason for the somewhat strange /e/a/sources.list I
had on the installed system, I'll take another look once the fixed package is
available.

The installed kdm looks nice and sounds works too. The X resolution is too
small, but this is also the case for a Debian etch install.

After login a debconf note is shown, informing me about some debconf failures
from debian-edu-config (due to not being able to find an ldap-server tjener,
etc.). This looks bad on standalone install.

Besides these minor issues I now have a debian-edu powerpc workstation.

regards
	Holger