Re: Cipux test

Christian Kuelker schrieb:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> Patrick Winnertz schrieb:
>> I tested yesterday again the cipux packages which were uploaded to
>> debian-edu and discovered that many errors where fixed I announced one
>> week ago.
>
> Good!
>
> Thank you also for your good testing efforts and your huge amount of
> time you spend for this!
np

>> But there are still huge errors, in the cookie handling and missing
>> features in the useradministration (e.g. where to edit user details?).
>
> Can you specify the cookie problems?
> Oh See in your blog. This is a misleading error message: we fix
> that. It should say: "This module is not migrated jet".
>
> => that should be fixed now.
Strange way to say: sorry this module does not exist.^^ :)

> * userdata is in porting state. CipUX 3.2.10 with webmin had this
> feature. cipux-cat-web will have this feature in the near future again.
When do you think cipux-cat-web is completly finished? Any plans when
all features should be implemented and tested well?

I think you split cipux (the useradmin part) in too much pieces.
If I click on useradmin I expect there the possibility to
 - add/remove an user
 - reset his password
 - add/edit/remove user details

This makes cipux not very intuitive (but this is my opinion, but if
others have an other one, please feel free to post it here :))

>> Furthermore I think the useradmin site is not very clearly arranged. Why
>> are there 3 fields for adding users.. and why can you choose in every
>> three fields the group?: e.g:
>
> Clearness is an important thing! Any comments?
>
> Every dialog is for a different role. A student can have a secondary
> Skel. This was a request of skolelinux.fr. Therefore this scondary
> skel must be chosen or "noskel". And if no custom skel was created,
> only the roles are visible as skel.
>
> => changed default theme a little bit to highlight the difference.
>
>> In students:
>
>> Group: teacher, examinee, assistant, ... but no group student.
>
> Because a student is per default in the group student. You will
> count it as a bug, if we add him twice. But I am sure you mean
> the Forbach skel feature.

Sorry If I miss the point, but why should a student be at the same time
e.g. a teacher? This confused me and I think this will confuse very many
teacher too. See above what I think which is necessary to make cipux a
bit more clear.

> PS.: since cipux-devel@cipux.org exists, you might consider to send
> cipux feedback to the appropriate list.

I can CC it, but i think I'll still post to debian-edu since this is
also interesting for debian-edu since cipux is one of the admintool
candidates. :)

--
 .''`.   Patrick Winnertz <patrick.winnertz@skolelinux.org>
: :'  :  GNU/Linux Debian-Edu Developer