Re: Q: Diskless Workstations (Sarge)

Dear Ralf,

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 22:32, RalfGesellensetter wrote:

> - keeping /opt/* syncronous with LTSP's root system: My major aim is
> to pull workstations to the same state as my LTSP is (new Openoffice,
> new KDE, many nice applications). In short: My ideal solution would
> use as much symlinks from /opt/... to the corresponding root system
> as possible. How realistic is that?
May be you can try to export  the /usr from the Terminal Server per NFS
and overmount it in the ltsp. I have never done this. But I fear other
files in etc .... are missing by the chroot environment.

In old days sun OS does this for the binary because harddisk space was
expensive.

Symlinks does not work from chroot I think.

bye Andreas