Re: failed to bring up eth1

vagrant@freegeek.org skrev:

i have seen this sort of thing in a couple cases where what you think is
"eth1" somehow gets another name...  i've seen something like
"eth1_rename_new" or some such as a device name...

Thank you for this, Vagrant. I was unaware of the commands you referred. I learn something new everyday :-)

This was the case, eth1 is now called eth2 on this server... I now have eth0 and eth2. Eth1 is missing... Is there anyway to rename eth2 to eth1? I can't really see that it should matter if it's called eth2, but it would feel more right to use eth0 and eth1...

--
Trond Maehlum