Re: [RFH] usplash artwork

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> may this be the occasion to ask what advantages usplash has over
> splashy?

No idea.  I started using usplash as it was working without any kernel
modifications, while I was not aware of any alternatives doing that at
the time.

> My impression is that splashy is easier to maintain because it is
> independend from the kernel version. Also, I failed to get usplash
> working in Debian Testing (no problem with splashy).

usplash is working in Debian Etch/Testing.  There are some problems
with the splash screen stopping half-way through the boot in my qemu,
but I am not sure if it times out (15 second timeout, and qemu is
slow), or if there is something actually stopping it.

Friendly,