Gambas II Frontend for User Administration?

Am Mittwoch 31 Januar 2007 19:04 schrieb José L. Redrejo Rodríguez:
> You are missing the package  gambas2-gb-db,
> and  gambas2-gb-db-sqlite, or gambas2-gb-db-mysql if you use the
> database administrator inside the ide.
> You've also detected a bug in the Debian packages: gambas2-gb-db must
> be a dependency for the gambas2-ide package. I'll fix it.

Hi José, thank you very much, meanwhile I managed to install Gambas II
on all my systems ;)

As there are many nice bindings to Qt and different networking/database
applications, I wonder under what premises we could create a Gambas II
frontend for user administration?

In Germany, many schools use CiPUX [1] user administration on their main
servers, because it offers many nice features. It has shell scripts for
most operations, and also has an RPC API. As most tjeners lack any X
libraries, the frontend needs to run on another machine. What
approach/base layout would you suggest here?

Thank you,
Kind regards
Ralf.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/CipUX