Re: usb 2

torsdag 25. januar 2007, 10:14, skrev nigel barker:
> Thanks for the reply Gjermund. One of the machines in question spends
> most of its time as a Skolelinux diskless workstation, but occasionally
> gets booted into Edubuntu from its hard drive. The Usb 2 drives work in
> that case, so that's why I thought it must be something to do with
> skolelinux.
>
> Thanks,
> Nigel

Interesting ...
What kernel option do you use in Skolelinux, 2.4 or the newer 2.6 option?

My experience is on the 2.6 kernel so that might be it, but it is also a
possibility that this is a matter of memory device id missing in database. If
that's the case it would probably not help upgrading the kernel. Not even to
latest compatible version (which you in any case would have to keep security
patched on your own).

(Some years ago I used to add PCMCIA and USB hw id's by hand to get my stuff
working, but i scarcely see that as a liable option for your scenario :)

Sorry, I'm out of ideas to a solution for you.

(.. unless of course you are running a 2.4 kernel and can make a successful
switch to the 2.6 option.)

:)

Gjermund