Re: LTSP+xfs Font server

Am Montag 22 Januar 2007 18:41 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> What settings are decent for LTSP servers for caching?
>
> Default:
> # font cache control, specified in kB
> cache-hi-mark = 2048
> cache-low-mark = 1433
> cache-balance = 70

Apparently, these cache files go to ~/. which is on tjener. For several
reasons I'd regard /tmp on localhost (ltsp) the better option:
- faster access
- no waste of space in /skole/tjener/home0 that might be left behind
  after unclean logout.

What is your opinion?

How about the other options like:
client-limit = 10

At my school, we run 14 thin clients, so I think it might be a better
choice to change this number to 15 or reduce it to 7 to have a balanced
service.

Googling around, these related links came into my radius:
http://linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/4472/2/
http://www.physics.ubc.ca/mbelab/berserk_doc/clab/debian/html/ltsp-install.html

Who is ready to share their xfs config files?

Thank you
Ralf