Re: ltsp manager

Hi all,

El Lunes, 15 de Enero de 2007 07:04, Ronny Aasen escribió:
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [Steffen Joeris]
> >
> >> Tonight I came across "LTSP-Manager" which is in Ubuntu feisty[0].
> >> I did not investigate which features it provides, but I would like
> >> to share the thought with you, maybe it is interesting for us here
> >> as I guess a tool to at least configure an LTSP chroot would be
> >> somehow really nice (e.g. when a teacher wants to change the mouse
> >> settings in an easy GUI way).
I think PXES project (bought by 2x company last year) is a good mirror to look
at since thay have an installation GUI and an administratos GUI quiet simple.

This is their Administrator guide:

http://www.2x.com/thinclientserver/2xthinclientservermanual.pdf

here you have some screenshots:

http://www.2x.com/pxes/pxesfeatures.htm

and this is the oficial web:

http://www.2x.com/pxes/

> > Yes, I suspect it would be useful to have in Debian and Debian Edu as
> > well.  Last time I saw it it was an early prototype, but I guess
> > Oliver has spent more time on it and made it usable?
>
> a 5 minute test gave me :
>
> I did a simple sid backport. it installed nicely enoughf.
> for some reason i had to stand in /usr/share/ltsp-manager for it to
> start since it seam to search for files in ./ only
> and there is no firefox on a stock debian-edu so i had to
> s/firefox/x-www-browser/ to get the help button working.
>
> but more importantly i did not manage to save a lts.conf file. (i assume
> that's the purpose of the tool)
> ill try it again when i have more time.
>
> Ronny
I hope is useful for getting ideas. I remind you that the code is free
software (or at least the one coded before 2x bought it).

Bye
--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Coordinador de mEDUXa