Re: summary from the irc meeting 8/1-2007

Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi,

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 09:50, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
There is at least 2 issues when it comes to mail-setup.
-Exim 3 configuration  is still used, and that makes it hard to use

exim3???
 preconfigured packages like greylistd, which are really needed if you
 want to use your server as a real-world mail server.
 I'm replacing exim4 with postfix on most installations.

or does it use exim4 ?

If it's exim3, we should really really switch to exim4.

regards,
	Holger

we install exim4 from the cd
but our config in d-e-config is exim3.

since we have to upgrade the config anyways we can also consider changing MTA's like postfix forinstance i think postfix uses 1MB less space, so it wont matter much on the CD. I suggested postfix since i know it's config better then i know exim's

requirements must include.
ldap suport
maildir support
should be a drop in replacement without the need to move mailboxes around.
preferably possible to configure in a policy compliant way.

Ronny