Re: summary from the irc meeting 8/1-2007

Holger Levsen skrev:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 09 January 2007 09:50, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
>> There is at least 2 issues when it comes to mail-setup.
>> -Exim 3 configuration  is still used, and that makes it hard to use
>
> exim3???

Yes, the config file is an exim3 configu file that is semi automaticly
converted to work with exim4.

>>  preconfigured packages like greylistd, which are really needed if you
>>  want to use your server as a real-world mail server.
>>  I'm replacing exim4 with postfix on most installations.
>
> or does it use exim4 ?

You use exim4 with a configuration file for exim3, just hacked to make
it work.
Problem is that works only for the bare minimum. I Tried to add
greylisying to the config, but I was not able o do that with a
reasonable amount of time.
And I knew how to set it up using postfix, and that was an easy switch.

To see that greylisting is actually doing a nice job, take a look at
http://bzz.no/munin/bzzware.org/gateway.bzzware.org-postgrey.html

> If it's exim3, we should really really switch to exim4.

I suggested a long time ago to switch to postfix

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/